RI H7199 Introduced – Bill to Ban and Confiscate Firearms Magazines.
Posted by Liberty RI
On January 15th, 2016 RI State Representatives Regunberg, Carson, Ajello, Handy, and Almeida introduces H7199 “AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES — WEAPONS” which would amend RI General Laws Section 11-47-2 adding several new definitions as well as adding Section 11-47-64 “High Capacity Magazines”
In 11-47-2 (12) they have defined “High capacity magazine” and “large capacity ammunition magazine” means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than ten (10) rounds, or any conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which such a device can be assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person…
11-47-64 High capacity magazines goes on to stipulate:
(a) No person, corporation, or other entity in the 12 state may manufacture, import, possess, purchase, sell or transfer any high capacity magazine. Every person violating the provisions of this section shall, upon conviction, be subject to imprisonment for no more than ten (10) years.
(c) Any person who, prior to the effective date of this section, was legally in possession 28 of a high capacity magazine, shall have one hundred twenty (120) days from such effective date 29 to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:
(1) Remove the high capacity magazine from the state;
(2) Sell the high capacity magazine to a licensed firearms dealer; or
(3) Surrender the high capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for 33 destruction subject to specific agency regulations.
This not only bans these magazines but also provides for the de facto confiscation of private property.
We urge you to contact the Bill’s Sponsors:
- J. Aaron Regunberg – Email: [email protected] Phone: 401-222-2466
- Lauren H. Carson – Email: [email protected] Phone: 401-222-2466
- Edith H. Ajello – Email: [email protected] Phone: 401-274-7078
- Arthur Handy – Email: [email protected] Phone: 401-785-8996
- Joseph S. Almeida – Email: [email protected] Phone: 401-467-7033
As well as your own Representatives:
And express your disapproval with this overreaching legislation.
Please share and comment here and let us know you’ve taken action to secure your rights.
Tags: “Conservative news”, “Right wing news”, 2nd amendment, conservative politics, gun control, gun laws, gun news, gun rights, RI H7199 Introduced – Bill to Ban and Confiscate Firearms Magazines., right wing politics, Rightwing news, rightwing politics