Conservative News & Right Wing News | Gun Laws & Rights News Site

Top doctor banned from treating COVID patients with ivermectin brings lawsuit to court today

by LifeSiteNews.com

The case brought by Dr. Paul Marik to reinstate the use of safe and effective COVID-19 treatments will be heard in a Norfolk Virginia Court on Thursday, November 18 at 1pm EST.

(LifeSiteNews) – After filing a complaint in the Circuit Court for the City of Norfolk, Virginia on November 9, Paul Marik, MD, one of the most highly published critical care physicians in the world and the Director of the ICU at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital will be given his day in court.

The hearing set for Thursday, November 18, could lead to the reinstatement of several treatments that are currently banned by the Sentara Healthcare System.

“It’s shocking that physicians aren’t being allowed to practice medicine,” said Children’s Health Defense (CHD) president and general counsel Mary Holland. “The restrictions on doctors are unethical and costing people their lives.”

Marik was recently told by Sentara Healthcare that he could no longer administer a range of highly effective COVID-19 treatments to critically ill patients — the same treatments he has successfully used to reduce COVID deaths in the ICU by as much as 50%. The result of the prohibition has been a sharp increase in patient mortality.

Because Dr. Marik can no longer stand by while patients needlessly die without proper treatment, he filed a lawsuit to allow him and his colleagues to administer the combination of FDA-approved drugs and other therapies that has saved thousands of critically ill COVID-19 patients in the last 18 months.

On Friday, November 12, Sentara Hospital then filed a motion to dismiss Dr. Marik’s complaint against them for prohibiting several medications that he has been using to safely and effectively treat critically ill COVID patients since last year.

According to the subsequent response filed by Dr. Marik, Sentara’s dismissal motion is a “paper thin” effort to avoid the real life and death issue facing the hospital, by claiming that Dr. Marik lacks “standing” to bring his complaint because he himself (as opposed to his patients) has allegedly suffered no harm.

 

full story at https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/top-doctor-banned-from-treating-covid-patients-with-ivermectin-brings-lawsuit-to-court-today/

Exit mobile version