A British television presenter who dared to confront the criminal gangs profiting from illegal Channel crossings says he and his heavily pregnant wife were forced to abandon their London home in the dead of night after police delivered a chilling threat-to-life warning.
GB News host Patrick Christys says officers ordered the couple to flee immediately and warned that even their car might have been sabotaged.
The Metropolitan Police issued an official “threat to life” notice warning that organized immigration crime groups in northern France were actively seeking to cause him “significant harm” because of his hard-hitting journalism.
Christys and his heavily pregnant wife, fellow GB News presenter Emily Carver, were told to pack a bag immediately, leave their London flat, and not drive their own car in case it had been booby-trapped. They were ordered into a black cab and sent to a safe house, The Daily Mail reported.
Christys was live on air when his wife called during an advertising break with the chilling message: the police were at their home and someone wanted to kill him. He returned just after midnight on July 25, 2025. Officers read the formal notice and were blunt: get out right now and do not come back.
The threat followed Christys’ fearless reporting from Calais. The gangs openly advertise crossings on TikTok, then move conversations to WhatsApp to discuss times, locations, and prices.
Frustrated that authorities appeared to do little, Christys and a camera crew tracked them down and confronted three suspected smugglers within hours. He says he received death threats during those encounters. One of the men he confronted later turned up on a London street.
Police subsequently installed a panic alarm at the couple’s home, according to Christys, and security measures remained in place after they were allowed to return.
He later alleged that the alarm had been disconnected for approximately ten days without the family being informed because police lacked sufficient equipment.
A year later the official warning has never been lifted. The family still lives under round-the-clock security. Their son George was born weeks after the initial threat.
More from The Daily Mail:
Today, recounting his ordeal for the first time, Christys says he is angry and exasperated by the failure of the British authorities to tackle the gangs, who he says operate in plain sight.
He is also concerned his young family were exposed to danger when the Metropolitan Police disconnected their panic alarm without warning. In one chilling episode, Christys says he was tracked down on a London street by a trafficker from Calais. Twelve months on, the couple have round-the-clock security.
