Check Out Melbourne’s Crazy New Stage 4 Cononavirus Lockdown Rules
Melbourne, Australia, is going under a nearly full lockdown for the next six weeks, a phase that started Sunday and runs until Sept. 13.
Here are the rules:
- Must stay within 5km (3 mi) radius of home.
- Only one person from a household is allowed to shop per day.
- No more than one hour of exercise per day and groups limited to two.
- Recreational activity is banned.
- Curfew from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m.
But the government officials say “you can leave your house if you are at risk of family violence or to apply for an intervention order, and to attend court or a police station,” The Guardian reports.
And masks, of course, are required.
“People must wear a mask or covering whenever leaving the house. There are a few exceptions. People with a medical reason are exempt, as are children younger than 12. Those who have a professional reason are also exempt and “if it’s just not practical, like when running”, but those people will still be expected to carry a face covering at all times ‘to wear when you can,’” the UK paper said.