Dangerous Criminal Illegal Aliens’ in Major North Carolina Operation

by David Lindfield

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced Friday that more than 400 illegal aliens have been arrested in the Charlotte, North Carolina, area as part of an ongoing federal operation targeting criminal offenders who were previously released under local “sanctuary” policies.

In a statement, a DHS spokesperson said the initiative, known as “Operation Charlotte’s Web,” continues to focus on “some of the most dangerous criminal illegal aliens” in the region.

“This immigration enforcement surge in the Charlotte area has led to the arrest of over 425 illegal aliens since operations started,” the spokesperson confirmed.

Operation Launched After More Than 1,400 ICE Detainers Were Ignored

DHS announced in mid-November that federal agents would be deployed to Charlotte after local jurisdictions failed to honor more than 1,400 Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detainers.

According to DHS, individuals accused of murder, rape, and other serious violent crimes were released from custody rather than transferred to ICE due to local sanctuary policies.

The department released photos and names of several individuals recently apprehended, emphasizing the public safety risks created when local agencies decline to cooperate with immigration enforcement.

Local Officials Push Back Amid Ongoing Federal Action

Charlotte’s Democrat Mayor Vi Lyles has voiced opposition to the operation, saying last month she was hopeful the enforcement surge would end soon.

“I’m relieved for our community and the residents, businesses, and all those who were targeted and impacted by this intrusion,” Lyles said in a post on X.

She added that the city must “come together” following the heightened federal presence.

full story at https://slaynews.com/news/dhs-arrests-400-dangerous-criminal-illegal-aliens-major-north-carolina-operation/

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,